About Visionary Creative
I’m Lara Dilizio and I am the owner and principal designer at Visionary Creative – a boutique graphic design studio operating within the creative hub of the Docklands Cotton Mills in the suburb of Footscray, 5 kilometres west of Melbourne’s CBD.
I help my corporate clients visually communicate in an effective, creative way. I produce online and offline marketing material for corporate SMEs as well as local government clients.
A typical project might include developing a look and feel for a new brand, business, product or event. I am able to take your project from concept to production and a good example of this full service is the work I have produced so far for the Grampians Music Festival.
“There are heaps of graphic designers out there. Why should I hire you?”
I hear you say. Good question… as a general observation, designers are not good at selling themselves but I’m going to put my biggest salesperson smile and sharpest power suit on to help me tell you why….
PAPERWORK + STREET CRED:
• I hold an honours degree in Communication Design from Australia’s leading design school, Swinburne National Institute of Design.
• I have accumulated around 13 years of graphic design experience since I graduated back in 2003.
PLUS A FEW MORE FAVORABLE ATTRIBUTES :
• I am trustworthy, reliable and take deadlines very seriously. If I say I will get that first draft to you by 9am tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar it will happen.
• I am a friendly person with a ‘can do’ attitude and I aim to be as pleasant to deal with as possible.
• I present memorable, contemporary creative ideas that pack a punch. I consider myself a good listener and believe I have a knack for interpreting a design brief and translating a client’s vision into something tangible.
• By hiring me you have direct access to the person actually doing the work. This ensures clearer communication between client and designer. This is a good reason why you would choose to work with a small design business as opposed to an agency. I’m more affordable and flexible too.
• I share an office with a talented copywriter, photographer and designer so I have direct access to an extra pair of hands or skill set if I need it.
• I have a varied client base which means I can apply my skills to all sorts of projects. I have received lots of positive feedback over the years and have complied some testimonials for you to read below.
• I follow a structured design process for each design project which looks like this:
STEP 1. Compiling the design brief and gathering information
STEP 2. Research (both industry research as well as visual research)
STEP 3. Sketching & conceptualising
STEP 4. Reflection / Polishing / editing down
STEP 5. Presentation
STEP 6. Gather client feedback and apply that to the design
STEP 7. Project reflection /measuring
Lastly but most importantly, I care. I have a genuine care in everything I do and I hope this shows in my work. At the completion of every job I want you walking away feeling happy. You are satisfied that I have met the brief and impressed because your expectations were exceeded.
We can assist with:
The development of creative concepts, layout plus artwork preparation for:
- Corporate identity and branding plus style guides
- Catalogues & brochures
- Signs and banners
- Annual reports
- High resolution product photography
- Vector-based illustration and image-making
- Photo re-touching
- Typesetting and page layout
- Art direction of photoshoots
- Web site design and development
- Graphics for social media campaigns (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter tiles)
- Web banners (animated & static)
- Design and setup of promotional email campaigns via Mailchimp and/or Campaign Monitor
WE ARE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO WORK WITH:
Europcar Australia and New Zealand
City of Moonee Valley
City of Yarra
Darebin City Council
Maribyrnong City Council
Moreland City Council
Hume City Council
City of Bayside
City of Casey
City of Port Phillip
City of Wyndham
Grampians Music Festival 2018
Clocktower Centre Moonee Ponds
Incinerator Gallery Moonee Ponds
UroGynaecological Society of Australasia
Veitch Stainless Steel Products
Western Alliance for Greenhouse Action
Service Victoria (Department of Premier and Cabinet)
There’s nothing typical about the clients Visionary Creative services. We work with all kinds of organisations from large, multi-national brands to small and medium-sized businesses and not-for-profit groups.
Since 2007, Visionary Creative has worked closely with local government groups. We work with various council officers from different departments within different municipalities across Melbourne.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY…
“Thank you for your kind words Lara. It helps having someone who’s so friendly and easy to work with. We sincerely appreciate everything you have done for the team.
Warm regards, “
Youth Engagement Officer
Community Planning, City of Moonee Valley
Just wanted to let you know that one month since launch, the gift cards are going fantastically with above-expected sales!
Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it.
Marketing & Communications Officer
Yarra Leisure, Yarra City Council
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for all your work on the Tumbling Stories books. They look amazing and we have had really good feedback from everyone from the three groups about them. Great working with you!
Hope you have a really wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Warm regards, Rosemary”
Program Manager, Westside Circus
“It’s heaven to have you on our preferred list of suppliers, you are fabulous to work with and have such a great design sensibility. J”
Community Cultural Development Officer
Moreland City Council